“Technology should work for me instead of me working for it“
15 Minutes in Photoshop = $$$$ Saved
Way back in the day, I worked in a call center for health savings accounts. The most common issue was clients accidentally processed a withdrawal or a contribution which ends up tying up their money for 3-5 business days. The other call center representatives complained that the clients were just stupid but I decided to do some research on the issue using the resources I had.
It actually came down to a terrible User Experience/User Interface which caused unnecessary confusion for the end user. I made a simple solution suggestion using Photoshop to create a mockup that the developers implemented within the week. The end result? My personal calls on this issue dropped by 50% in the same time frame. Imagine if the other representatives experienced the same drop in calls as well. How much time and money was saved from 15 minutes in Photoshop? Probably thousands.
And that’s how (and why) I got here!
Hi, I am Paris!
I focus on solving my own problems. using technology as my chosen tool. So the experiences I have with technology and creative solutions come from wanting to solve my own problems first in a scalable, affordable, and repeatable solutions.
And to further that goal, I experiment with the combination of technology and creative ideas to make something new, functional and useful. Not every project is a winner but I learn a lot along the way and get better at determining the best path to take.
Most of my hobbies have technology at the core in some capacity. The crossover between these hobbies and technology helps to refine my ideas and allows me to see opportunities where I may not have noticed before.
- Singing original songs (i.e. Tracer, Love Letter)
- Creating interactive designs (i.e. Meet The Team – IIT)
- Playing and recording video games (i.e. Cyberpunk 2077, SuperFighters Deluxe)
- Creative projects and art (i.e. The Avenir Project)
- Working with AI and Augmented Reality (i.e. ArtBreeder – Change Race/Gender, Wombo.ai + ArtBreeder)
Where to go next?
- Wanna work together? Shoot me an email!
- Wanna read my thoughts on technology and society? Check out my previous blog posts.
- Are you interested in cool shit? Check out my Instagram where I showcase my art/designs.
- Check out Designed by Paris for behind the scenes and additional information relating to my designs/art.